Picks & Pans: A Pay Streak in Slate
July 1999 by Ron WendtI stared out across the Yukon River. I estimated the river at this point to be a mile wide. An occasional log floated by in the tan-colored water.
• Pan American Silver Corp.
• NovaGold Resources, Inc.
• Canyon Resources Corp.
• Great Quest Metals, Ltd.
• X-Cal Resources
• African Metals Corp.
• Roadless Rule back in court again
• New mining regulations considered in Europe
• PLP in court on behalf of miners
• Karuk Tribe to appeal
• NEPA rewrite drive gets boost from Katrina
The steeper the gradient is, the more potential erosive power to move gold and other bedload sediments, and the more power to remove obstacles to flow.
Gold nuggets and serpentine contacts
• An idea that is overdue...
• Oh Lord, won’t you buy me a Mercedes Benz?
• Do as I say, not as I do...
• By the numbers...
• He can manage the taxpayers' money, but not his own?
• Government debt to reach yet another milestone...
• Speaking of ObamaCare...
The Bawl Mill • Gold Hunters Hit the Web in Fight with Missile Range • Religious Broadcaster in Liberia Mining Venture • Kazak Government Collects Gold from Residents • Recreational Gold Panning on the South Yuba River • Groups Wonder Meaning of Call for More Wilderness • Mining Claim Maintenance Fee Due • Desert Bonanza • Gold Near Boulder, Colorado • Company Notes • The Carissa Gold Mine, South Pass, Wyoming—A Sleeper? • Tantalum • Building the American Dream • Elizabethtown: Uncovering a Buried California Mining Community • California Diamonds • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Silver Demand Driving Mine Production Up—Mexico Remains Number One Producer • Looking Back