Prospector Finds Cache of Emeralds in North Carolina
June 2000 by Associated Press"This is just the tip of the iceberg," Hill said. "It's going to take 200 years to dig it all out."
• Critical minerals a priority
• Montana miners win again
• MSHA backs down
• Environmental groups as foreign agents
• The Forest Service worker who cried “wolf”
• Out of commission
A mining right is a powerful and not commonly understood concept that is all too often watered down by agency regulatory interference...
• EPA investigated for environmental ties
• Hundreds of miners show up to rally at Oregon State Capitol
• DOI nominee would be bad for miners
Q: Where is the best place to prospect for gold in Minnesota?
• BLM proposes another fee increase
• Old Roadless Rule blocked
• County attempt to regulate leaching thwarted
• Canyon fights on
• New wilderness passes Senate; faces uphill battle in House
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Guest Editorial—Unreasonable Interpretations • Ruling Awards Giant Nugget to Finder • Letter to the Editor • Traditional Adversaries Reach Agreement • The Gold Belts of Georgia • Company Notes • Placer Testing with Large Samples • Gondwana Gold Gravels • Quick Thinking & Rescue Devices Save Two Lives • Picks & Pans: The Discovery Gulch Diggings • My Old Carbide Lamp • Melman on Gold & Silver • Hands & Pans on the South Yuba River • Permafrost Tunnel Shows Cross-sections of Past • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices