Prospecting Old Tertiary Channels
September 2010 by Chris RalphThe potential exists for small-scale placer mining in these pits using a trommel and sluice box or other similar types of equipment.
Every year the Northwest Mining Association holds an industry trade show. Many vendors are on hand, and there are many presentations given. With thousands of folks in attendance it’s not hard to get a pulse on what is happening in the mining industry.
• "I would like to be included..."
• "No claim in the world can be economically exploited without mechanical means."
The Circle Goldfields are located about 120 miles east of Fairbanks in Interior Alaska and they occupy about 200 square miles. The Crazy Mountains boast the highest point in the district at 3,690 feet above sea level.
Excerpts from California Mining Journal, our original title, published 50 years ago this month.
• "No small mining operation can afford this..."
• "The small arrastra still lives... "
• "...an effective defense against Green political efforts to lock the public off public lands."
• The environmental Robin Hood
• But it looked good on paper...
• Low-quality reputation hits home
Legislative and Regulatory Update • Hardrock Mining Accidents Claim Four Lives • The Jenkins Mine Project Pt II: Terrain and Map Study • Search Called Off for Missing Treasure Hunters • Glacial Gold in the Midwest • Hardrock Prospecting in El Dorado County, California • Gold & Silver of the Comstock Lode • Melman on Gold & Silver • Forest Service Pays Miners $245K for Unlawful Destruction of Mine