Picks & Pans: Treasure Hawk Mine—Cutthroat Mining Corporation
August 2000 by John LearThe Treasure Hawk mine was operated by "Crazy Eddie" Bounsall from 1972 until 1988. He died in 1994, and I purchased the Treasure Hawk claims from his wife Betty in 1996.
- Oregon miners petition US Supreme Court in Bohmker v. Oregon
- Wheeler receives hearing as EPA administrator
My next strategy was to walk anywhere and everywhere that I had been inside this home and garage. I looked on the floor, in the bathroom, I checked the bathroom trash can, and I even pulled the shower curtain back and looked in the bathtub.
Superintendent Tom Phillips soon returned to the mines with fellow worker Thomas J. Findlay, and began repair work. Phillips had already determined that the machinery had been operated at various times by armed forces...
Jerry Hobbs, president of Public Lands for the People, is taking action to prevent undue restrictions on miners utilizing suction dredges in California.
• BLM proposed budget asks for funds for mining restrictions
• Oregon bill 838
• California suction gold dredging update
• I-147 will be on the ballot
• Consolidation granted
• More rivers off-limits to mining
• Valley fills decision appealed
• Forest Service cites dredgers
• Time extended for roadless comments
• Newmont water permit voided
• Feeding the addiction...
• Running on empty...
• Boxer may go down with the count
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • August Hearing Set for Crandon Mine • Montana Approves Stillwater Expansion Bonds • Guest Editorial—Globalizing Mining in America, Part I • Quartzsite, Arizona • Groups Plan to Sue Over Lynx Protection • Company Notes • Nuggetshooting Eluvial Placers in the Western United States • 125 Years of Mining History in the Panamints • Cuba Revisited • 2000 National Mining Hall of Fame Inductees • United States National Gold Panning Championships • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices