Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices
August 2000 by Staff
I need to mention some additional information pertaining to our recent article on Alaska’s Bluff’s beach…
• There's a fungus among us
• Taxpayers crash land in Arizona
• "What did you get arrested for?"
• Forest Service proposes further changes to mining regs
• Preble’s mouse resurrected
Your correspondent has been around quite a while on this globe of ours, but seldom have we ever seen a collection of calamities such as has occurred during this past ten months.
The National Mining Hall of Fame and Museum at Leadville has announced the results of a search earlier this year for new poetry about mines and mining.
• Airlines' loss of passenger baggage doesn't seem so bad after this...
• Hey guys, the women are passing us up in the education department...
• It doesn't sound like they're planning for a Happy New Year...
• Wonder if he still feels that he did the right thing?...
Early in 2006, two prospectors, joint owners of unpermitted mining claims in San Bernardino County, California, were confronted by the County Tax Collector with stiff taxes amounting to hundreds of dollars for the “possessory right” to own mining claims in that county.
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • August Hearing Set for Crandon Mine • Montana Approves Stillwater Expansion Bonds • Guest Editorial—Globalizing Mining in America, Part I • Quartzsite, Arizona • Groups Plan to Sue Over Lynx Protection • Picks & Pans: Treasure Hawk Mine—Cutthroat Mining Corporation • Company Notes • Nuggetshooting Eluvial Placers in the Western United States • 125 Years of Mining History in the Panamints • Cuba Revisited • 2000 National Mining Hall of Fame Inductees • United States National Gold Panning Championships • Melman on Gold & Silver