New York Meeting Examines Gold's Monetary Role
March 1999 by StaffGold's monetary role and its position as a reserve asset throughout the world were vigorously presented at a conference arranged by the Reinventing Bretton Woods Comittee held in New York recently.
• Look for less federal government land acquisitions in the new budget
• Valley fill ruling overturned
• Two species rejected for listing under ESA
• New Mexico and Montana consider legislation to encourage mining
• Mining, lumber groups seek to eliminate funds for university program
• Backfilling required for new mines in California
• Nevada Congressman named vice chairman of Resources
• Idaho gets deadline extended for bull trout comments
• Murkowski Calls for Resource Assessment on State and Federal Lands
• Comments needed regarding proposal to lock up huge tracts of public land in California
As inflation fears grow, some advisers are steering their clients into precious or industrial metals as a way to add luster to portfolios.
Just prior to press time, we made our way to Sacramento for the second public scoping meeting to comment on the first draft of the California Department of Fish and Game (DFG) suction dredge permitting program and the new Environmental Impact Report.
I wasn’t so hot in science class as a kid, and I’m regretting spending most of that time in class catching up on sleep or daydreaming about being a big league ball player. Never in a million years would I have guessed that science...
Quebec is known throughout Canada as “La Belle Provence”—The Beautiful Province. While eastern Quebec is better-known with major cities Montreal and Quebec City, the western portion is indeed a land of lakes, forests, streams and...
On our last trip, we brought ropes and went down the first waterfall forty vertical feet, only to be confronted by a second, sixty-foot-high, overhanging waterfall that emptied into a slot canyon.
The Bawl Mill • Death Valley Find is Apparent Hoax • Mining Ends in Leadville • Mine Woes Could Mean Higher Taxes • The Federal Land Survey System • Exchange Moves to Protect Investors from Mining Scams • The Beer That Saved Goldfield • Mining Benefits Everyone During Winter Months • AZ Miners and Minerals Department Threatened with Elimination • Alaska Minerals Poster Available from BLM • Digital Tools—The PC and GPS • Small Mines Bill Clears Committee • Successful Mineral Property Promotion • Picks & Pans: Confessions of a Small Miner—Part I • Gold in Moffat County, Colorado • Forest Service Chief Calls for Mining Moratorium in Montana • Governor Tells Industry He Will Consider Tax Cuts • Company Notes • Gold Mine Becomes "Golden Partner" of California Sesquicentennial • IBLA Limits Patent to Mineral Rights in Wild & Scenic River Corridors • Melman on Gold & Silver • Claim Staking Rush Northern Quebec, Canada • Looking Back