New Tax Considerations For Your Mining Business
March 2008 by Mark E. BattersbyThe recently passed Economic Stimulus Package of 2008 is a $168-billion economic “rescue” package that includes rebates for taxpayers and tax breaks for businesses. At the heart of the package are tax rebates, scheduled to be distributed beginning in early May. The tax breaks for small-scale mining operations and businesses are retroactive to the beginning of 2008.
Coeur Alaska’s plan to develop the Kensington gold mine and dispose of its tailings in a lake has been approved by the Tongass National Forest.
The sun was beginning to set, which put the light at just the right angle against the hillsides to where I believed that I spotted a very small dig and tailings pile up the hill near the top of the second wash.
• Look for less federal government land acquisitions in the new budget
• Valley fill ruling overturned
• Two species rejected for listing under ESA
• New Mexico and Montana consider legislation to encourage mining
• Mining, lumber groups seek to eliminate funds for university program
• Backfilling required for new mines in California
• Nevada Congressman named vice chairman of Resources
• Idaho gets deadline extended for bull trout comments
• Murkowski Calls for Resource Assessment on State and Federal Lands
• Comments needed regarding proposal to lock up huge tracts of public land in California
On the day prior to Mother’s Day I was able to get out and spend a few hours prospecting. I wanted to try some new settings on my detector, and I had a place in mind to do that.
Increasing restrictions on use of public lands are causing a widening tear through the country's economic and social fabric.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts — How have fellow dredgers modified their dredges in order to retain fine gold? • Ask The Experts — Could you please include the stock symbol in "Mining Stock Quotes"? • Gryphon Gold and the Borealis Project • A Modern Day Prospector’s Story • Conducting Research To Find New Gold Deposits • Searching for Gold at Paradise Valley, Alaska • The Carson City Mint • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices