Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices
March 2008 by Staff
• New California suction gold dredging regulations released—and they are just as bad as we predicted
• Dredgers file US Supreme Court response in Oregon case
• Washington State pushes same suction gold dredging narrative
• Pentagon reverses decision on rare earth projects
Many people, mostly New Mexico Native Americans, but including this miner, wear turquoise from the first mine in America. I took my blue stones from the old mine by hand labor, underground, a half century ago.
The Delamar (Ferguson) mining district is located in Lincoln County, Nevada, some 29 miles by road, southwest of Caliente. The district is on the west side of the Delamar Mountains at elevations between 5,900 and 6,600 feet.
• No Adventure Pass needed
• Supreme Court of Canada rules on aboriginal title claims
• No agreement reached in suction gold dredge permitting case
What better place to dredge for gold in the early 1970s than downhill from the largest gold mine in the US? Gold prices were rising, and it was a good time and place to shop for a prospect.
…what adjustment can I make to my dredge that will enhance its gold-catching ability?
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts — How have fellow dredgers modified their dredges in order to retain fine gold? • Ask The Experts — Could you please include the stock symbol in "Mining Stock Quotes"? • Gryphon Gold and the Borealis Project • A Modern Day Prospector’s Story • Conducting Research To Find New Gold Deposits • New Tax Considerations For Your Mining Business • Searching for Gold at Paradise Valley, Alaska • The Carson City Mint • Melman on Gold & Silver