Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices
October 2008 by Staff
• The ESA used, and apparently abused, in Arizona and New Mexico
• In a somewhat related story...
• Among the numerous bills that died when Congress adjourned...
• More on the ESA
• Miners must present proof of filing, says IBLA
• Federal government backs mining project
• Appeals Court says Clinton roadless rule can stay
Leon has a reputation of seeing more snakes than most other gold miners. The fire red and yellow concentric rings of the mountain king snake looked especially bright in the morning sun as it lay motionless on black rock. Leon touched it with a stick, but the cold snake moved only a little.
Excerpts from California Mining Journal, our original title, published 50 years ago this month.
• What budget deficit?
• Congressional underdog...
• More than just 12 angry men...
I was working on an article to submit to you and had been for a couple of months. It won’t be the first. I had something occur that made me put off the article—safety! My article was concerning mineral processing at home.
• Health care reform is laughable
• The gap widens
• Time to raise the roof, again
The Bawl Mill • Dredging at Real Del Castillo, Baja • Finding Paystreak Gold With A Metal Detector • General Metals Continues Toward Production • Cedar Rim Opal—Discovery of a Giant Opal Field • "I Got Dusted" • The Trail of ‘98 • Newmont Steps Up For Laid Off Workers • Benton’s Rich Silver • Gold Trader, Employee Charged with Wife’s Killing • Is There A Gold Shortage? • Wyoming Governor Pushes for Uranium Study Release • Melman on Gold & Silver • California State Open and US National Gold Panning Championships