Miners Find Encouraging Prospects Near Livengood
November 2008 by Associated PressNew exploration on land that was scoured for gold years ago near Livengood indicates the property could be developed into a mine on a scale similar to the Fort Knox Mine, according to a Colorado-based company.
• Alabama Governor says they can't afford the Affordable Care Act
• To secede or not to secede?—That is the petition...
• By the numbers...
The dredge and our gear, with us clinging on to the sides, bounced along until it got hung up on a large boulder in the middle of the river.
• BLM proposes another fee increase
• Old Roadless Rule blocked
• County attempt to regulate leaching thwarted
• Canyon fights on
• New wilderness passes Senate; faces uphill battle in House
• Set for life...at everyone else’s expense
• As long as we’re giving away money...
• Consulting pays well in NY
• The old bait and switch...
• Not an enviable record
Seldom in the 22 years we have been writing in this space have we ever seen a parade of such important events pass along the world’s newswires and print media.
We knew what to do—we moved our project far enough from the river to escape the two hundred foot shoreline rule. If the old man had been right we could do this and still be over the loop of pay dirt.
The Bawl Mill • Where To Find Diamonds • The Business Of Mining: Profits, Losses, Hobbies and Businesses • Glen's Big Find • Suction Dredge Study • Lluvia de Oro— A Shower of Gold Awaiting Development in the Sierra Madre—Part I • Beyond The End of The Road • Barnes Store and Yankee Jims • Mining Tax Increase Suggested • Opening Ceremony for Buckhorn Mine • Mining Journal Contest—How Much Is That Old Mining Journal Worth? • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices