Melman on Gold & Silver
July 2003 by Leonard MelmanOne of the most interesting sayings I learned during my early years of observing markets was “Watch what I do, not what I say.” This thought came to mind recently regarding the comments of Fed Chairman Greenspan...
• Critical minerals obtain national security status
• Idaho to take over EPA permitting
Wayne Sutherland, a metals, gemstones and economic geology specialist with the Wyoming State Geological Survey, said the initial exploration samples were significant.
Even with the decades of mining and exploration, much of the Comstock is still underdeveloped and its potential not fully tapped.
For years I had studied the tempting bench high above the East Fork of the San Gabriel River. A beautiful 20-foot vertical wall of encrusted boulders, cobbles and gravels beckoned to me 100 to 150 yards up a steep slope from the river bed. They were all very promising material. The kind of rounded curves that can charm so well, and tease a grown man into risking life and limb. So, on that nearly fatal day in May, I packed a spiral wheel...
• Inter-department letter, Forest Supervisor to Regional Forester seeks assistance in segregating a significant area of the San Bernardino National Forest from mineral entry.
• Conservation and Reinvestment Act (CARA) stopped in Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee
• Forest Service meetings on Roadless Initiative have ended and the comment period closed December 20, but we have been advised that the public will have another opportunity for input.
• On November 8, the BLM held a hearing in Placerville, California, regarding withdrawal of 3,368.85 acres of public land along the South Fork of the American River.
Would you explain the difference between a Geiger counter and a scintillator and how they operate in uranium prospecting?
...the area around Eureka, Nevada is well mineralized and seems to have a bright potential for future production of all sorts of metals.
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • PLP Members Win Occupancy Case—Appeals Continue • Prospecting for Iron in Alaska • Gold Deposits in Skarn • Picks & Pans: Highbanking on the American River • Platinum Firm, Palladium to Remain Weak • Spencer Opal Deposits, Idaho • Company Notes • Hillside Placers • Elko Mining Expo a Success • Gold Prospecting in Alberta • National Mining Hall of Fame to Induct Six • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Looking Back