Legislative and Regulatory Update
December 2006 by Scott Harn• Election fallout
• Bad news in Bolivia
• California Senator proposes locking up 2.5 million acres with "Wildnerness" designation
• Battle over the rights of people versus fish continues in the Klamath Basin
• Sound science or "fairy tales"
My father recalled fondly his early years of flying his Super Cub into the Preacher Creek watershed in search of game and gold, landing on wind blown ridges traversed by the giant Porcupine caribou herd that frequented the area.
To many, the Iditarod is associated with Alaska’s famous Iditarod Sled Dog Race. Mushers leave Anchorage by dog team and mush their huskies 1,049 miles across Alaska to Nome on the Iditarod Trail, which was also a trail...
• EPA backs down in Wyoming
• UN Chairman took on more than a mission
Most of the world's diamonds come from Africa and Australia, but several new discoveries in the United States and Canada have spurred interest.
• California suction gold dredging
• Water rights
• Climate change
• Two Bush rules left intact
The Bawl Mill • Researching and Staking Mining Claims • The Goodnews Bay Platinum Fields • Special Rock • The Business of Mining: Cars, Trucks and Tax Deductions • The Kern River Gold Rush • Finding Gold in Mokelumne River Canyon • Important Court Cases • Smugglers Causing Problems in South Africa • Market Spotlight: Platinum in Demand • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes & Mineral and Metal Prices • Looking Back