December 2006 by StaffExcerpts from California Mining Journal, our original title, published 50 years ago this month.
Q: How do metal detectors work around precious metal ore bodies?
- Those “dog-gone” fraud charges
- Fake news
- Getting back to nature...
- When tin is more valuable than gold
It was time to prime the pump and start the engine! Dan’s priming method is to use a small, submersible, 12-volt pump. My priming method is to use a hand-operated diaphragm pump.
- Chinese buyers turn their noses up at new car smell
- Sheriff’s office more than ready for emergencies...in the bathroom
- Saving money by not paying the bill
“We are saddened by the loss of two Washington Group employees and our thoughts at this time are with their families,” said Bill Myckatyn, CEO of Quadra Mining.
The Bawl Mill • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Researching and Staking Mining Claims • The Goodnews Bay Platinum Fields • Special Rock • The Business of Mining: Cars, Trucks and Tax Deductions • The Kern River Gold Rush • Finding Gold in Mokelumne River Canyon • Important Court Cases • Smugglers Causing Problems in South Africa • Market Spotlight: Platinum in Demand • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes & Mineral and Metal Prices