October 2005 by Staff• Coeur Alaska
• Canico Resources
• Entree Gold
• Newmont Mining
• Bema Gold
• Copper Ridge Explorations
While none of the historical mining camps are active, the area is still a hub of activity for the modern prospector, and claims still blanket the hills and gulches.
• Pennsylvanians looking for a tax rebate get a sultry offer
• Teenage legislative employee alreadys knows how to spend taxpayer money
• The "no shrimp left behind" act
• Someone has exceeded their credit limit
Mining “giant” John A. Miscovich died August 22, 2014, at the age of 96. He was the well-known inventor of the “Intelligiant” water cannon.
The metal is expensive, not because it is rare but because of the expense to produce and work it. The minerals mined for titanium are all oxides, unlike many base metals that are mostly mined as sulfide minerals.
• Prison inmate has a change of heart...
• Go on, take the money and run...
• Pampered politicians at work...
• If you can't find it, can you deduct it?
The Bawl Mill • Newmont's Gold Quarry Mine • Drywashing and Detecting for Eluvial Placer Gold Research is the Key to Success—Part II • EPA Offers Liability Protection to Spur Cleanups • Study: West Has Vast Oil Shale Reserves • Picks & Pans: Detecting Micro-Nuggets • The Notch Peak Intrusive • Recovering Fine Gold: Getting the Most from Your Sluice Box • 2005 California State Gold Panning Championships • Tales of California Gold Discoveries 2nd in a Series—The Jenny Lind Mine • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices