Detecting at Old Hydraulic Mines
July 2006 by Chris RalphI finally got out recently for my first full, long weekend prospecting trip of the year. Normally I would have been out much sooner, but we had a real late spring in the Sierra Nevada this year with lots of late rain and snow continuing through all...
Data mining involves processing huge amounts of digital information to find hidden patterns and financial relationships. To executives, the findings are like gold, but on the weekends, I prefer seeing the real thing in the bottom of my pan.
• Cap and trade
• Roadless rule
• WDFW backs down thanks to miners
• California dredge permits
• BLM faces lawsuit over access in Washington State
• I-147 will be on the ballot
• Consolidation granted
• More rivers off-limits to mining
• Valley fills decision appealed
• Forest Service cites dredgers
• Time extended for roadless comments
• Newmont water permit voided
• "The general public must be informed..."
• "Bring Carolyn back."
• "...when people see my copy they always want to borrow it."
The dredge and our gear, with us clinging on to the sides, bounced along until it got hung up on a large boulder in the middle of the river.
The Bawl Mill • Montana Postpones Mining Rule • Sydney Resource Corp. Ventures into Canada and Mexico • The Treasure Detective • The Small Hardrock Mill—Part I • 2006 US Gold Panning Championships • The Iditarod-Innoko Goldfields • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver • Agnico-Eagle to Open Gold Mine in Finland