2006 US Gold Panning Championships
July 2006 by StaffThis year’s US Gold Panning Championships were held in Gold Bug Park, in Placerville, California. The competition site was set in the park’s pavilion among the trees and adjacent to the stream that runs through the park.
Q: Would a mining company be interested in this area for just the magnetite?
Landowners complained that mineral mining on or near their property could damage property values while leaving them without a cut of potential profits.
• Pouring money down an artsy drain...
• Big government gets even bigger
• California leads the way...to financial ruin
• Utah, fed up with federal and environmental policies, takes action
• Administration proposes ending fish protections to settle suit
• Court finds fault with Forest Service spotted owl study
Philippine President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo and other officials urged international businesses to invest in the country’s mining industry after the Supreme Court cleared the way for foreigners to fully control mining operations in the country.
The Bawl Mill • Detecting at Old Hydraulic Mines • Montana Postpones Mining Rule • Sydney Resource Corp. Ventures into Canada and Mexico • The Treasure Detective • The Small Hardrock Mill—Part I • The Iditarod-Innoko Goldfields • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver • Agnico-Eagle to Open Gold Mine in Finland