January 2004 by Staff• Newmont Mining Corp.
• Manhattan Minerals Corp.
• Phelps Dodge Corp.
• Gammon Lake Resources Inc.
• Glamis Gold Ltd.
• Quadra Mining Ltd.
• Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Ltd.
If you are interested in researching mining claims for any purpose, you will first have to decipher the BLM’s LR2000, a Rube Goldberg database seemingly designed by a 1980s Soviet-era computer hacker.
Any detector specifically designed to respond to small gold will do. The best ones are the lightest ones with the smallest coils.
• California dredging update
• Study: Sage grouse does not need protection
• Tennessee enacts harsh new gold prospecting regulations
Over the years, I've noticed a pattern in the type of rocks associated with the best gold deposits in Midwestern glacial gravel.
- Town’s “big risk” leads to really big loss
- High-speed rail causes division...in property access
The Bawl Mill • From the Editor • Our Readers Say • Forest Occupancy Decision Stands—US Forest Service Withdraws Appeal • World Gold Council Launches New Gold Bullion Securities • Epithermal Gold-Quartz Veins • Gold in Arkansas • Picks & Pans: Winter Prospecting and "Forty Mile" Miller • Company Eyes Reopening Mine Near Troy • ICMJ's 13th Annual Photo Contest • A Guide to Overlooked Gold Deposits—Part V (Conclusion) • The Golden Highway—Calaveras County • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver