Charcoal Crucible Recipe
May 2001 by Charles L. Butler...using charcoal briquettes (and no starter fluid) and a few other easily attainable ingredients.
Doubters be informed, yes, there is gold in Africa—lots of gold—and all the good and bad that comes with it.
One of the most unique mining stories to derive from the days of the Spanish conquest of the Southwest is the legendary story of the Sierra Azul, or “Blue Mountain” of Arizona. The first reports of what some historians maintain is nothing more than mere myth, came in the middle of the seventeenth century, and it survived as a frontier tradition into the nineteenth century.
The advent of the nuclear age, after World War II, aroused concerns in government circles when officials realized the United States was entirely dependent upon foreign sources of supply for rare earth elements. This prompted the Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) to enlist the US Bureau of Mines Special Minerals Investigation Branch to evaluate monazite-bearing placers in the United States in 1948.
• People in lead houses should not throw stones...
• The Anything-but-Affordable Care Act
• BLM Proposes suspension of 3809 regulation changes
• Monuments addressed by new administration
• Progress made on Clinton's Roadless Rule
• Changes at USFS
• Federal agencies pull back salmon biological opinion
• Celebrities take over hearing, and at least one senator is fed up
• Ruling Upholds EPA's authority to address Garcia River, other waterways polluted by runoff
• US Supreme Court: Sokaogon Chippewa can set water standard
• 1872 Mining Law under attack
• Waiting for a decision about 43CFR 3809
The Bawl Mill • Original Sixteen to One Goes to Court—Challenges MSHA Citations Part II • The Golden Triangle of Sonora, Mexico • Using Legal Subdivision • Placer vs. Lode Gold • Gold Tellurides: Tellurium, an Assay Impurity • Court Hears Arguments Over Rights to Shipwreck • Picks & Pans: How to Succeed in a Small Mine, A Case History: 1990-2000 • Discovery of the Mountain Pass REO Deposit • Romance of the Old Silver King • Record-Breaking Alaskan Nugget for Sale • Company Notes • Nevada Gold Production Up Despite Lower Prices • Gold in Guatemala • Bush Taps Utah Resident for Labor Post • Looking Back • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Honda Pares Down Use of Precious Metals in Autos