A Profitable Approach—Financing Mineral Exploration With Oil & Gas Projects
January 2006 by Leonard MelmanNot too many years ago, junior mining companies most frequently limited their activities to exploring and pre-developing their mining properties.
• Hearing date moved up for preliminary injunction for California suction dredging
• Anti-mining bills in Oregon lead to recall effort
I knew the nuggets got into the nugget patch somehow, I just had to figure out how and from what direction they came.
• BLM proposes another fee increase
• Old Roadless Rule blocked
• County attempt to regulate leaching thwarted
• Canyon fights on
• New wilderness passes Senate; faces uphill battle in House
Robert Sanregret—Attorney at Law
Western Mining Council
National Association of Mining Districts
Excerpts from California Mining Journal, our original title, published 50 years ago this month.
• Forest chief asks Norton to end Oregon mining moratorium
• DOI orders review of "science" used in Klamath Basin decisions
• BLM Launches EIS for Conservation and Restoration of BLM Public Lands in Western U.S.
• Fish & Wildlife service approach to critical habitat ruled unlawful in Arizona case
The Bawl Mill • Rent, Lease, or Own Your Equipment • Basic Geology for the Independent Miner—Part I Recognizing and Understanding Minerals • The Grubstake Gulch Placers, Alaska • The Lynx Creek Placers, Arizona • Gemstones in Wyoming—Part II • The Mexican Gold Belt • Melman on Gold & Silver • Looking Back • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices