2011 Gold Prospecting & Mining Summit April 23-25 in Placerville
March 2011 by Scott HarnUpdated 3-16-2011
April 23-25, 2011
El Dorado Co. Fairgrounds, Placerville, California
Expert Instruction • The Latest Equipment
Exhibitors confirmed as of March 16, 2011:
A&B Prospecting Supplies
AAA Mfg (IRD Jigs)
AAA Precious Metals
Ancient Gold Jewelers
Gold Country Treasure Seekers
Gold Dredge Builders Warehouse
Gold Pan California
Gold Silver Enterprises
ICMJs Prospecting and Mining Journal
Jim's Metal Detectors
Mother Lode Goldhounds
Original Sixteen to One Mine
Pioneer-Motherlode Mining Supplies
Placerville Polaris & Power Tools
Public Lands for the People
Roaring Camp Mining Co.
Rodgers Detector Sales
Rusty's Gold & Treasure Hunting Supply
Van's Gold Nuggets
• Leonard Melman has been analyzing gold and precious metal markets for ICMJ’s Prospecting and Mining Journal for over 25 years in his monthly column, Melman on Gold & Silver. He is a former commodities trader, and recently authored his first book, Reversing The Way In.
• Don Robinson is a Senior Writer for ICMJ’s Prospecting and Mining Journal, and the President and Founder of Mother Lode Goldhounds.
• Professor George Wheeldon is currently teaching “Mining History of the Motherlode” at Placerville’s Folsom Lake College. He has too many awards to mention!
• Kevin Hoagland is an avid detectorist and director of partner development for Minelab metal detectors.
• Chris Ralph joined ICMJ’s Prospecting and Mining Journal as Associate Editor in 2008. He has a degree in Mining Engineering from the Mackay School of Mines in Reno, and prior experience with precious metal mining companies conducting both surface and underground operations.
Schedule for Hands -On Training, April 25, 2011:
8:30-4pm at a private mining property in Iowa Hill
• See how to correctly set up a commercial placer operation
• Highbanking and drywashing equipment & instruction available
• Instructors will be present to teach you how to metal detect for gold
• Keep any gold you find!
Printable Information and Schedule:
General Information for Attendees
(Includes times, dates, locations, local hotels,
training day information, lecture schedule, RV camping info, more...)
Pre-registration is now available!!!
Exhibitor Packet (8-page pdf, 1.5Mb)
Still have questions? Need a poster to display at a local business? Give us a call.
ICMJ's Prospecting and Mining Journal
PO Box 2260
Aptos, CA 95001
Phone: 831 479-1500 • Fax: 831 479-4385
For the last two years we’ve held a hands-on prospectors training session in the Iowa Hill district of California’s Mother Lode country as a part of our Gold Prospecting and Mining Summit event. Because of this, I thought it might be good to take a look at the history, geology and opportunities that the Iowa Hill district still offers to the individual prospector.
Our second year’s Summit, held over five days in mid-May, was even bigger and better than last year’s gathering. We had more vendors, more hands-on classes and a very full slate of lectures and presentations. Over 2,300 prospectors attended...
Expert Instruction • The Latest Equipment
The Event of 2011 You Don't Want to Miss!
We continue to seek out a patented mining property with an owner who is willing to host such an event with a water supply and enough remaining gold to make it worthwhile for the students.
A number of crevices were still waiting to be cleaned out. A lot of the gold remaining in the pit was very fine sized, but a few small nuggets were also recovered.
We have tentatively scheduled a date for next year’s show and we want you to know it’s not going to be on Easter weekend!
We are happy to announce the vendor/exhibitor spaces for the 2016 Gold Prospecting and Mining Summit in April are completely sold out. In fact, the venue has been sold out for several months.
The Bawl Mill • So You Want To Be A Full-Time Prospector? • Ask The Experts—Do I still have rights to this mining claim? • Ask The Experts—What is a "closed" claim? • Eastern Arizona: Gold and Base Metal Deposits Part II • Rediscovering Placerville, California Part II • Prospecting With The Help of Fluvial Geomorphology • Oregon Anti-Dredging Bill • Mud Men: Pocket Miners of Southwest Oregon Part II • The Gold of Plumas de Oro • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices