The Bawl Mill
September 1999 by Staff• So much for privacy in the great outdoors...
• It's smoky in the Smoky Mountains...
• A tale of two or three populations...
• That retirement nest egg may need to be grade A extra large...
• Vista Gold Corp.
• Wolfden Resources Inc.
• NovaGold Resources
• Globex Mining Enterprises
• Canyon Resource Corp.
Since the founding of the original colony in 1836, minerals have proven a vital resource to fund the State’s development. Originally, copper was the lifeblood, being discovered not long after settlement.
The Western Mining Action Project, representing the Karuk Tribe of California, has filed suit to stop mining on the Salmon, Klamath and Scott Rivers, and their tributaries in Northern California.
• Refunds coming to Nevada claimholders
• More wilderness proposed
• Forest Service planning rule
• Taxpayers taken for a “ride”
• Fellow Congressmen, lend me your earmarks...
• Buying time
• Printing more money for banks and businesses...
• Food stamps = stimulus?
Over the Divide • Our Readers Say • Feds Eye Restrictions on AZ Archaeological Sites • IMF Reconsidering Gold Sales to Finance Debt • Governors Focus on Aid for Laid-off Miners • Nevada Counties, Towns Get Forest Service Grants • Labor Dept. Approves Aid to Laid-off Nevada Miners • Company Notes • ISEE Celebrates 25 Years • Picks & Pans: Basic Dry Washing Operations in Gold Placer Mining • Washington Miner Wins Poetry Contest • Gold Coin Sales Boosted by Low Prices • The Klamath Mountains • Silver Posts Best Price in 11 Years—Strong Investment Interest and Steady Demand Cited • Platinum—Group Metals • Historic Mining at Mount Diablo, CA • Gold in the Drum Mountains • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Looking Back