The Bawl Mill
April 2008 by Staff• It’s a record-breaking year!
• Soybean fuels are not for the birds...or fish
• Cooler temps may put a freeze on Global Warming?
• Wasting more of your money
The seven geologic indicators... are important concepts for prospectors to focus on when searching for gold pockets.
Excerpts from California Mining Journal, our original title, published 50 years ago this month.
While most small-scale prospectors and miners focus their energies on placer deposits, most large mining companies put their efforts primarily into hard rock mining. Although many miners may see these as two separate worlds that can never meet, a better understanding of hard rock mining for small operators can be very helpful in many ways.
The upper Susitna Goldfields, sometimes known as the Valdez Creek Mining District, are located 150 miles northeast of Anchorage off the Denali Highway in the Alaska Range. Though a small mining district, it was the “jewelry box” of the...
• Federal budget priorities
• Wilderness bills proposed
• Inyo County fights back
• Comments needed by concerned miners in New Mexico
• Government discovers new method to subsidize airlines
• California uses environmentalists' favorite tool against them
• Delayed gratification
• Hold my seat; I'll be right back...
Long-term, the outlook remains very favorable—but the obvious and important question is when we might expect a solid bull market revival to take place.
Gold Hits $1,000! What the Gold Price Is Telling Us • Assembling A First Class Mining Property • Quebec Tops Nevada in Survey of Miners • Relocating A Historic Vein • The Lost Silver Triangle of the Sierra Madre—Part I • The Mama John • Australia's First Gold Rush • Government to Buy New World Mine Claims • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices