Rahall Looks to Rewrite 1872 Mining Law
June 2007 by StaffFor over twenty years, Rahall has been introducing bills in an attempt to overhaul the 1872 Mining Law. On May 10, 2007, he introduced another bill, HR 2262, which would drastically change the laws governing mining if enacted. This time, his bill may have a chance.
Down, down, down I plummeted into the narrow granite chute. In a matter of a few seconds, I envisioned myself lying crumpled in a field of mammoth, sharp, jagged granite rocks. In those few seconds, my thoughts also imagined my life ebbing...
Many of you have read recent articles that include pictures of some of the nice nuggets that have come out of this area. I’m going to talk very briefly about a few of my friends and some of the nuggets they have been taking out of this area…
• Bush puts Roadless Initiative on hold
• SWANCC v. US Army Corps of Engineers
• New Arizona monument added to lawsuit
• Clinton's mining moratorium in Siskiyou may not last
• County illegally used mining claims in land swap
• Montana Governor asks new interior secretary to turn over mineral rights
• Republican Representative from Nevada elevated to vice chairman on mining
We found the area where this patch of gold nuggets was located by researching several books on old mining districts. By the end of the 2006 winter we had about five different locations that we wanted to investigate.
The same day, while two of us were heading to Vancouver to attend the mining convention, two others from our team were headed to Nevada to begin loading the millsite equipment.
• Re: Tyrie's Roadway Nugget
• Re: Are Permits Needed for Highbanking in California
• Drones for the independent prospector
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts—What is barite used for? • Ask the Experts—Are you able to advise me on the status of HR3824? • Our Readers Say • Sulfides, Selenides and Tellurides • Silver’s Shine is Back • San Francisco Mint and US Gold Reserves • Forest Service Attempts to Close Public Access • Revisiting Commerce Resources—A Tantalum and Niobium Mining Project • The Seventymile and American Creek Goldfields • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver