Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices
April 2003 by Staff
The Fairbanks Mining District, the most productive gold district in Alaska, lies between the Tanana and Chatanika Rivers, 7 to 25 miles from Fairbanks (Pop. 35,000), in east-central Alaska. Most parts of the district are accessible by road, a rarity in Alaska.
In every sense, this was a witch hunt with a preconceived agenda to heavily restrict or outright prohibit most small-scale mining in Oregon.
The nugget was cast aside with larger rocks during the screening process, but it was found later by an employee...
Paul A. Bailly, Richard T. Moolick, William Braden, Alonzo Pawling and Henry Harnischfeger will be inducted into the National Mining Hall of Fame for their contributions to mining.
The high early spring runoff was in full force this late February 2004 day, lapping midway up the floodwall. As my good friend, and mining partner, Eric Johnson and I stood there watching the stream rush by behind his cabin, we wondered aloud what...
...one of our most important technical indicators, the “Dow/Gold Ratio,” may be giving off an important signal at this time, which we discuss briefly...
• Look for less federal government land acquisitions in the new budget
• Valley fill ruling overturned
• Two species rejected for listing under ESA
• New Mexico and Montana consider legislation to encourage mining
• Mining, lumber groups seek to eliminate funds for university program
• Backfilling required for new mines in California
• Nevada Congressman named vice chairman of Resources
• Idaho gets deadline extended for bull trout comments
• Murkowski Calls for Resource Assessment on State and Federal Lands
• Comments needed regarding proposal to lock up huge tracts of public land in California
The Bawl Mill • Impact of Habitat Designations Grossly Underestimated • Manslaughter Charges Dropped Against Sixteen to One Mine • A Unique Prospecting Method • Over the Divide • Cripple Creek, Colorado • Picks & Pans: Virginia Prospecting • PLP Gets the Key! • Mariposa, California • The Ocampo District, Chihuahua • The Collaboration • Mud Creek Placer Mine • Looking Back • Melman on Gold & Silver