Judge Blocks Road Protest
November 1999 by Associated PressA federal judge has blocked a citizens' group from re-building a remote mountain road, a project that state and local officials feared might lead to violence.
• BLM proposed budget asks for funds for mining restrictions
• Oregon bill 838
• California suction gold dredging update
Three European gold mining companies want the Bank of England to publicly state its activities in the gold and gold derivitatives markets. In a letter to the Financial Times, three small mining companies representing the majority of European gold production said since the start of the year, scores of reports about manipulation of the gold price had surfaced.
• More EPA woes
• Financial Guarantees (Bonding)
• National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
• Diesel engine exhaust
• Senator Daschle inadvertently helps timber industry
• USFWS implementing Wildlands Project without voter approval
One of Arizona’s richest silver producers was the fabulously rich Silver King Mine of Pinal County. This incredible deposit was first discovered in 1875 during the construction of the famous Stoneman Grade, which connects present day Superior to Globe, Arizona. From 1877 to 1888 the famous Silver King Mine was in operation and during that brief span of time it produced an astounding $16,000,000 in silver.
• Norton treasures environment but environmentalists worry
• From the National Forest Service
• Suit Filed Against Roadless Initiative
• New EPA rules restrict ombudsman
• Forest Service Sierra Nevada plan is even opposed by Feinstein
The Bawl Mill • USPS Delays ICMJ Delivery at Oakland, CA Processing Center • Another Gold Heist Reported at Nome • No Need to Rewrite Mining Regs, NAS Study Confirms • BLM Filing Requirements for Small Miners' Waiver • Asarco Accepts Phelps Dodge Buyout • Once Lonely, Mojave Desert Phone Now World's Companion • Company to Sue Over Stymied Gold Mine • No Mining / Logging on 40 Million Acres • Catastrophism vs. Uniformitarianism • 1st Annual Placer County Open Gold Panning Championships—1999 • Picks & Pans: The Ten-Pennyweight Nugget • Mining in Sonora, Mexico • Pullin' the Pin • Land of Golden Dreams—California in the Gold Rush Decade • Cerro Colorado Silver, Arizona • Progressive Privy Program Proved Popular • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Surging Gold Prices Burn a Few Unlucky Mining Firms • Looking Back