BLM Launches Mining Claim Records Viewer
December 2004 by StaffThe Bureau of Land Management (BLM) has added some useful tools to their website. The Land and Mineral Use Records system has been meshed with a map viewer that allows users to obtain mining claim information in a useful format.
• This is a friendly reminder
• Homebuilders’ case may help miners
• “Ecological resources must be protected…”
We had discovered during previous trips that some of the staff members had difficulty comprehending the specific issues related to mining, so prior to heading back to DC, we laid out the reasons for our proposed legislation...
• Some good news for a change
• New 49ers win Karuk appeal
• Another Oregon bill of concern
It all started with a phone call from my friend and prospecting partner Pat Keene. He told me that he knew of an investor who was just starting out in the gold industry and was looking for a gold consultant to go to Africa to prospect and analyze a 400 sq. mile concession in the middle of the Congo rainforest. I waited for the “just kidding” line...
The hoopla is over, the spectacular shows are just a memory. The fact is, we're stuck in the 2000s whether we like it or not! And the sad—or glad—reality is that changing the year's first number from a "one" to a "two" hasn't really changed anything other than giving us oldtimers some minor irritation now and then until we get used to things.
• Celebrities take over hearing, and at least one senator is fed up
• Ruling Upholds EPA's authority to address Garcia River, other waterways polluted by runoff
• US Supreme Court: Sokaogon Chippewa can set water standard
• 1872 Mining Law under attack
• Waiting for a decision about 43CFR 3809
The Bawl Mill • Gold Diver's Closes Its Doors • Geologist's Search for PGMs Leads to Mining Venture • Diamonds in the Rough in Montana • The Art of Finding Coarse Gold Part I—The Geology of Coarse Gold Formation • Using Microbes for Mining • The Carter and Reynolds Gold Mines: Is There a Yet Unknown, but Mineable Gold Deposit Here? • Michigan House Committee Approves Sulfide Mining Regulations • Surging Gold Prices Add Luster to Nevada's No. 2 Industry • Ruby Hill Gold Mine to Reopen in Eureka • The Skaergaard Intrusion • Melman on Gold & Silver • Newmont Welcomes Release of Executives • The Baja Gold Rush of 1889 • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Looking Back