Ask the Experts
July 2007 by StaffQ: Some of the terminology you use is way over my head and this might be the case for other beginning prospectors. What does “igneous” mean?
Lode gold and silver mines and prospects can be found in many parts of Mono County, from the Sweetwater Mountains on the north to the White Mountains on the south, and at elevations ranging from 5,000 to 12,000 feet. Mining activity on the rugged east flank of the Sierra Nevada is now severely restricted, especially in resort areas and where lands adjoin Yosemite National Park.
Gold in Minnesota?
Oleophilic means "affinity to or attracted to oils," and this includes gold an diamonds.
• Forest Service to revisit 228 regulations
• WOTUS Executive Order suspended
“In light of the results of the midterm elections our focus will be with the US Senators and their staffers that we have already been working with.”
• Inter-department letter, Forest Supervisor to Regional Forester seeks assistance in segregating a significant area of the San Bernardino National Forest from mineral entry.
• Conservation and Reinvestment Act (CARA) stopped in Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee
• Forest Service meetings on Roadless Initiative have ended and the comment period closed December 20, but we have been advised that the public will have another opportunity for input.
• On November 8, the BLM held a hearing in Placerville, California, regarding withdrawal of 3,368.85 acres of public land along the South Fork of the American River.
The Bawl Mill • More Tips for Evaluating Ores • The Mountain Gate Mine • The Basics of Small-Scale Heap Leaching with Cyanide Part I—History, Suitablility and Permitting • Oregon Suction Dredge Permit Update • In Pursuit of Gold and Silver in the Sierra Madres—Buying the Pilot Mill • Life in the Alaska Gold Rush • More Small-Scale Miners Attracted by Gold Prices • Gold in New Zealand • Ready “Ore” Not, Uranium Boom is On Again • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Looking Back