The Bawl Mill
September 2009 by Staff• Feeding the addiction...
• Running on empty...
• Boxer may go down with the count
A new report predicts brighter days for mining in Nevada if the price of gold maintains at current levels.
• Occupancy rules discussed
• Comment period open for small-scale mining and dredging in Oregon
• National Strategic and Critical Minerals Production Act
• CA suction dredging update
• Appropriations Bill addresses problems at EPA
• Bad science, worse policy
The objective was to pan down all the material from the three-gallon bucket, extract the gold into a small vial, and then signal completion. Every lost flake added a five-minute penalty.
Robert Joseph Dahlke
(1939 - 2013)
Over the past twenty or more years, the traditional “seat of the pants” science of using mineral identification tables as a means to identify common ore minerals, their associated rock-forming minerals and rocks, has slowly become a lost art.
• National "Perk" Service
• Can't see the forest through the trees
• Outsourcing the sauce
• I'll be there in "spirit"
Legislative and Regulatory Update • Drive Under Way to Restore the Rights of Suction Dredgers • Abbey Confirmed As BLM Director • Gifts of Gold for University of Zimbabwe • Flood Stage—The Key to Reading a River • Noted Geologist Murdered in Kenya • South Yuba River Recreational Area • Rio Employees Face Trade Secrets, Bribery Charges • Pocket Mining Potential in Nevada's East Humboldt Range • Company Finds Gold in Wyoming’s Rattlesnake Hills • The Economic Impact of Suction Dredging in California • Bucket Line Dredges • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices