Editor's notes: News; tradeshows; website; Readers Poll results
March 19, 2009News
We just finished up the latest (April 2009) issue and sent it off to the press for their review.
Subscribers in the United States can expect delivery between April 1 - April 10. (It's mailed in California, so it takes a few days to reach Midwest and East Coast states.) Print subscribers in Canada and other countries should expect delivery between April 5 - April 14.
The issue will be posted to our website on March 27 for online subscribers.
I'll be catching up on emails and trying to get through the stack of mail on my desk before heading out to Puyallup (Washington) tomorrow morning for the GPAA Gold & Treasure Show this weekend. If you are going to be at the show, please stop by and say hello.
Over the next three months you can find us exhibiting at the following shows:
- March 21-22, 2009 Puyallup (Washington), GPAA Gold and Treasure Show (Scott Harn, Editor)
- March 28-29, 2009 Salem (Oregon), GPAA Gold and Treasure Show (Chris Ralph, Associate Editor)
- April 25-26, 2009 Primm (Nevada), GPAA Gold and Treasure Show (Chris Ralph, Associate Editor; Sally Harn, Advertising Mgr; Scott Harn, Editor)
- May 2-3, 2009 Denver (Colorado), GPAA Gold and Treasure Show (Jill Dunning, Subscription Mgr)
- May 6-17, 2009 Butte (Montana), GPAA Gold and Treasure Show (Jill Dunning, Subscription Mgr)
- June 13, 2009 Quesnel (BC, Canada), Cariboo Mining Association Show (Jill Dunning, Subscription Mgr)
- March 21-22, 2009 Longview (Texas), Texas Treasure Show
- March 28-29, 2009 Greenbush (Wisconsin), Greenbush Prospectors Gold & Treasure Show
- April 4-5, 2009 Mariposa (California), 9th Annual Mineral and Gem Show
- April 25-26, 2009 Cashmere (Washington), North Central Washington Prospectors Show
- April 25-26, 2009 Marlbourough (New Hampshire), BONE 16 Spring Natural Hunt
- May 2-3, 2009 Columbia Falls (Montana), Northwest Montana Gold Prospector's Show
- May 11-12, 2009 New York (New York), Hard Assets Investment Conference
- June 19-21, 2009 Athol (Idaho), Northwest Treasure Hunters Club Show
We've been plugging away, getting many of the pages of our old site converted to the new one.
The new site seems to be a hit. For the first 15 days of March we had 22,444 unique visitors. The most popular article was “Rahall Proposes Bill to End All Mining in the U.S.” (This article was linked to by several outside sources and was read 17,576 times.)
In the past week, we've added/updated:
- Equip/Services -- you can browse our advertisers by category
- Newsstands -- stores that carry our publication are listed by state
- Clubs, Associations, Gov't Agencies -- found under the Resources tab, they are categorized by state
- Additional Links & Resources -- found under the More tab
- Shopping Cart -- updated to accept Amex credit cards
- Search -- refined to provide more accurate results
Latest Reader's Poll -- Results
That's it for now... I have a few more things to take care of before I head for the airport.
Copyright ICMJ & CMJ, Inc. 2009. (Permission granted to link to this document by copying the web address above.)