VMS Deposits in Central Arizona
October 2004 by John RothermelVolcanogenic Massive Sulfide (VMS) deposits in the Central Arizona Precambrian volcanic belt occur within a felsic package of volcanic rocks capped by an exhalite unit comprised of cherts, iron formations and siliceous members.
Is three-dollar gas cutting into your gold prospecting? Tired of gas engine maintenance? Gas engine fumes and noise bothering you? Then go solar.
My first encounter with rocks and minerals started as a young child in the company of my siblings investigating the rocky mounds placed around the Australian coastline to help prevent erosion just north of Brisbane...
In South Africa, a "gregory" is the term applied to a blunder of major proportion. James Gregory will forever be remembered in South African slang as the professor from Great Britain who made one heck of a "gregory."
• IBLA rules against miner for "late" filing
• Wyoming appeals roadless decision
• Mercury reduction program slated for California
• Oregon wilderness
• Oregon miner prevails in lawsuit against Forest Service and District Ranger
• Canada pulls out of Kyoto Climate Treaty
In the Patagonia Mountains east of Nogales, Arizona, between the famed ruins of Mowry and the quaint old mining supply center town of Patagonia lies the remains of Harshaw, once a thriving mining camp in its own right.
• New California suction gold dredging regulations released—and they are just as bad as we predicted
• Dredgers file US Supreme Court response in Oregon case
• Washington State pushes same suction gold dredging narrative
• Pentagon reverses decision on rare earth projects
The Bawl Mill • Update: Forest Service Interim Rule • The Guyana Highlands • Prospecting with a VLF-Type Gold Detector • Freegold Ventures' Golden Summit Project • Picks & Pans: Working the Crevices • Molybdenum • 2004 California State Gold Panning Championships • Company Notes • Why Environmental Groups Prefer Kerry • The French Mines of El Boleo • Looking Back • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices