Never Take Safety for Granted
August 2012 by Jim FoleyIn retrospect, I can now see that the thoughtless breaking of one of my safety rules regarding not dredging alone was to be a lesson I won’t soon forget.
• There's a fungus among us
• Taxpayers crash land in Arizona
• "What did you get arrested for?"
After almost 50 years of service to the mining industry, Burl Cheely, owner of Gold Diver’s and the manufacturer of the Couple-Jet and Taper-Jet line of dredges, is retiring.
• It’s a record-breaking year!
• Soybean fuels are not for the birds...or fish
• Cooler temps may put a freeze on Global Warming?
• Wasting more of your money
• "Scared" Indian sites and Glamis gold
• Regulatory Flexibility Act
• Miner Acquitted
• Environmentalists at it again in Oregon
• Miner owners want high court to overturn ruling
• More of the same from the EPA
• The Forest Service worker who cried “wolf”
• Out of commission
• Buying time
• Printing more money for banks and businesses...
• Food stamps = stimulus?
Using GIS systems to aid in mapping.
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts: Something for everyone... • Ask the Experts: VMS ore • Ask the Experts: More suggestions for dealing with metallic trash.... • Ask the Experts: various mining courses • Sniping for Gold • Gold in Guyana—Part II: Process Optimization at Sacre Coeur Minerals' Lower Puruni Alluvial Mining Project • Following Clues to an Old Mill and Vein Strike • Small-Scale Miners Rock the Mining World • Big Rock Gold • Still Gold in Humbug, Arizona • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices